Posted: Sep 7, 2017 Closing Date: Sep 29, 2017
Senior Technical Advisor
COSIA is recruiting a full-time Senior Technical Advisor to be based in Calgary. The successful candidate will report directly to a COSIA Director and will work with other Directors, Senior Technical Advisors and Administrators in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical input into COSIA initiatives and projects, with a distinct focus on in situ oil sands production innovation opportunities related to in situ best practices, non-aqueous in situ extraction and reservoir characterization.
Essential Job Functions
- Technical assessment of third party in situ production technologies, including recommendations and follow-up;
- Project management to support COSIA research into in situ technologies for improving energy efficiency and lowering carbon intensity;
- Preparation of reports, briefs, presentations and other information as needed to support the Priority Area Steering Committees and other COSIA committees;
- Assessments of technology, best practices and knowledge gaps with respect to achieving regional environmental performance goals;
- Compilation of progress reports;
- Maintenance of priority area and associated strategy and action plans;
- Administration of study budgets and contracts;
- Development and implementation of strategic plans, including strategies focused on in situ oil sands production innovation;
- Participation in workshop design and facilitation, including materials preparation and presentations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, work experience and personal attributes:
- A university degree in science, engineering or mathematics or a college diploma related to petroleum production technologies;
- A minimum of five years of oil sands operations and/or development experience;
- Enthusiasm for working with multiple parties and stakeholders to develop and implement projects and initiatives with successful outcomes;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated planning, prioritization and organizational capabilities;
- Technical understanding of established and developing in situ oil sands production technologies;
- An appreciation for multiple perspectives coupled with a strong collaborative mindset.
Start Date: Immediately.
Compensation: Competitive compensation and benefits.
Submission: Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com