Posted: Nov 22, 2017 Closing Date: Dec 19, 2017
COSIA is recruiting a Communications Advisor for a fixed term, 12-month position. The role, based in Calgary, Alberta, will report to the Director of Communications.
The successful candidate will work alongside the Director of Communications in delivering COSIA’s communication strategy and plans. The successful candidate will be passionate about communicating and engaging with audiences to share COSIA’s news and stories, and will be responsible for developing content tailored to a variety of audiences and across a variety of channels.
A key element of the role is the ability to work with an extended community of senior communications professionals from COSIA’s ten member companies. This will include supporting the work of COSIA’s Communications Steering Committee by managing the preparation and distribution of committee materials.
The successful candidate will be a key contributor to all elements of COSIA’s communication activities including strategic planning and program delivery, event program development and management, campaign development and execution, working with multiple supporting agencies and day-to-day tactical implementation across COSIA channels.
- Aid in the development and execution of communication plans and programs.
- Execute “day-to-day” communications activities to support COSIA’s communications and business objectives.
- Independently or in partnership with outside agencies, develop and verify media/stakeholder lists.
- Develop content for use across COSIA’s channels.
- Recognize opportunities for improving communication effectiveness through survey, campaign and channel analytics.
- Participate in the measurement of the effectiveness of communication channels.
- Work with the Director of Communications and the Communications Steering Committee members to ensure alignment, foster collaboration and identify risks, opportunities and messaging to maintain and enhance corporate reputation.
- Research, recommend, advise and coordinate production of communication materials, including external newsletters, brochures, web and digital media content, etc.
- Event coordination and support, including member company town halls and engagements with various constituencies and media.
- Ensure the success of the Communications Steering Committee meetings, which includes developing agendas and recording minutes.
- General communication and media support, including information gathering and presentations.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in communications or a related field.
- 3-5 years experience working in a fast-paced corporate communications environment.
- Superior communications skills, including communications planning, research, writing and editing.
- Strong focus on external communication with an emphasis on building corporate reputation.
- Familiarity with social media channels and use. Digital media experience will be considered an asset.
- Proven ability to translate technical data into easily understood information.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects to tight deadlines, both independently and as a member of a team.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using MS Office Suite products.
- Strong attention to detail.
Start Date: January 2018
Compensation: Competitive compensation and benefits.
Application Process: Please send your resume and cover letter, before midnight December 19, 2017, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canada’s Oil Sands Innovation Alliance
Canada’s Oil Sands Innovation Alliance (COSIA) is a unique alliance of oil sands producers focused on accelerating environmental performance in Canada’s oil sands. COSIA enables collaboration and innovation between thinkers from industry, government, academia and the wider public to improve measurement, accountability and performance in the oil sands across our environmental priority areas of greenhouse gases, land, water and tailings.
COSIA members search the world for solutions to our toughest problems. And COSIA has some of the best minds on the planet working on technologies to enable responsible and sustainable development. To date, COSIA has shared 936 distinct environmental technologies and innovations that cost over $1.33 billion to develop. For more information, visit: www.cosia.ca and follow us on twitter @COSIA_ca.
Improvement in environmental performance through collaborative action and innovation.