Please read this Call for Abstracts information carefully before accessing the online abstract submission form.
Abstracts will undergo a peer-review process.
The Technical Program Committee will assess each abstract based on its adherence to format, scientific merit, and alignment with the overall Conference themes.
Authors of abstracts selected for presentation will be contacted via email by Friday, March 30, 2018 and invited to present either a digital poster or oral presentation at the Conference.
All selected abstracts will be made available to the Conference participants.
Please use the following guide to help structure your abstract:
A short description of the research, program or idea and what need it addresses.
Abstract Form Submission
Please use the official the online abstract submission form only.
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically using the official online submission form.
- Please use standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parenthesis after the full word when it appears for the first time.
- Errors, misspellings and incorrect abbreviations will not be corrected.
- Minimize the use of charts as this detail is not used to evaluate the merit of your abstract.
- Abstracts must not exceed 400 words (excluding the abstract heading).
- An individual may submit more than one abstract. One official online submission is required for each abstract.
- There is no fee to submit abstract(s).
- Edits to submitted abstracts may be made up to the submission deadline. Instructions for making edits can be found on the online abstract submission form.
Presentation at the Conference
- A small number of abstracts will be selected for oral presentation at the Conference; indicate on the submission form whether you are interested in being considered for an oral presentation.
- If an abstract is accepted for oral or digital poster presentation, the presenter(s) agree(s) to register for the Conference and pay the appropriate Conference registration fee by April 30, 2018.
- The Conference will not cover expenses of those presenting digital posters, or giving an oral presentation based on an abstract submission, such as expenses for developing the digital poster, travel, or accommodation.
- Further details on the technical specifications for digital posters, as well as the presentation times and format, will be provided to accepted poster presenters upon notification of their acceptance.
The OSIS/INVENTURE$ 2018 will take place at Hyatt Regency Calgary in Calgary, Alberta.
700 Centre St S,
Calgary, AB T2G 5P6
By submitting abstracts to the Conference, submitters authorize, upon acceptance, the permission to reproduce their abstract in the Conference syllabus and on the Conference website.
For More Information
2018 Oil Sands Innovation Summit / INVENTURE$ 2018
Canada’s Oil Sands Innovation Alliance
1700, 520 5th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 3R7
Phone: 780-436-0983 ext. 227